Critical Illness Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance (C. I.) allows individuals to purchase a lump sum amount that, upon diagnosis of a critical illness, would be paid out to the insured tax free. The recipient could use the essentially one-time payout (partial payouts are made when certain conditions exist) to:
- find the best health care available anywhere, hire a nurse or caregiver
- make mortgage/rent payments
- replace lost income
- reduce workload at home or on the job – particularly for the self employed, or
- anything you wish to use it for
Critical Illness insurance is an excellent enhancement of any long term disability plan and prevents the drawing down of one’s life savings or cashing in of investment in the eventuality of a serious illness.
COVERED CRITICAL ILLNESSES INCLUDE
- any cancer, heart attack
- coronary bypass surgery
- Alzheimer’s disease
- kidney failure
- loss of limbs
- loss of speech
- and a myriad of other conditions
- Some contracts provide an early intervention benefit which allows for a payout of 25% of the benefit for a maximum amount which is in addition to the covered condition. All conditions are clearly spelled out in the contract. Like life insurance, Critical Illness Insurance cost is based on health and age.
- Most individuals who do not qualify for long term disability insurance because of lack of proof of income, work industry or job class, or inconsistent income stream, can qualify for Critical Illness Insurance.
To find out if you qualify for Critical Illness Insurance contact us.