MANAGING PARTNER: Elcho Stewart
- Elcho graduated from Vanier College, Quebec, with a diploma in Business Administration and holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec.
- Elcho joined a major life insurance company in 1988 and in 1995 seized the opportunity to be an Independent Financial Security Advisor, and moved on to open her own brokerage – Weblife Financial.
- In 2002 Elcho recognized the e-commerce potential for her practice, and she became licensed to practice in Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Alberta as well as in Quebec where she was initially established.
- Elcho embraces change and seeks out the necessary training in order to remain current and knowledgeable in her chosen vocation. She is passionate about using life insurance products and concepts as a means of helping her customers meet their short-term, medium-range, and long-term financial goals.
- Elcho’s column, MoneY Talk$, where she dishes out her advice and commentaries on day-to-day business issues – appears monthly in the Spectrum newspaper in Ottawa, and previously ran in the Community Contact, Montreal. She has also written a family memoir titled I’m Satisfied which will be published under the revised name Hand in Hand in Haddo.
- She has taught commerce at the Rosemount Technology Centre, Rosemount, Quebec. She has also packaged and presented several seminars on topics including: Managing your Money Means Managing your Life and Women & Money: How not to Become Desperate Housewives. Elcho was also a presenter at the Copoloff Agency’s seminar tour: For Women Only.
- Elcho is a dynamic speaker who has spread her enthusiasm to community and business groups. She was invited to give the convocation address to the Rosemount Technology Centre graduating class of 1998. Has spoken at Barbados House in Montreal, the Seventh day Adventists Seminar Series, Ville St. Laurent, Quebec, as well as the Montreal Association of Black Business Persons and Professional’s Women’s Seminar.
- Her community involvement includes: Sitting on the Jamaica 50 National Planning Committee; Member of the Charity Golf Tournament Committee for the Jamaica Scholarship Support Fund (JSSF); Advisory Board member, YMCA Centreville; Montreal Board of Directors, Montreal Diet Dispensary, Montreal; Founder, NB2PW, Montreal & Ottawa; Sunday-school teacher and superintendent – Valois United Church, Pte. Claire, Quebec; Singer/choir member/choir director, Westcan Folk and Cultural Club; Basketball coach.
ASSOCIATE: Valerie Hernandez
- Valerie holds a Bachelor of Arts (History/Philosophy) from Concordia University, Montreal.
- Valerie joined the life insurance Industry in 1993 and after three years moved on to further her experience in the Industry. She was employed with TD Meloche Monnex where she worked as the Office Administrator with Association Group Plans and individual members of Professional Groups. In addition she later worked with Meloche as an Insurance Sales Analyst where she offered Life and Health insurance Plans to Group Members. In her pursuit to empower herself with as much knowledge as possible she worked with a major life Insurance Co. where her main focus was providing the necessary information to Government Employees concerning their Pension Plan while at the same time establishing their Life and Health Insurance needs. After many years of working with Insurance Companies Valerie decided to establish her own life insurance brokerage in 2003. She is an Independent Financial Advisor/Life Insurance Broker. She is licensed to practice in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta and she is contracted with all the major Insurance Companies.
- Valerie has been bringing her valued perspective to Weblife Financial since 2004. She has a deep understanding of the products and a thorough knowledge of the life insurance industry. Delivering quality service and helping you achieve your financial objectives is Valerie’s top priority. If you need advice, expertise, experience and professionalism all in one package you will have the right person.
- Community Involvement: Valerie has been involved in the community in a variety of ways. She had been active in Parents’ Association while her boys were in elementary and high school. She was the Manager for her son’s Soccer Team for over seven years. She currently does private tutoring on a volunteer basis for elementary and high school students.
ASSOCIATE: Dan McCarthy, CGA
- Dan McCarthy is an experienced financial professional who works primarily with start-up technology companies. As a CFO he has participated in the incubation, growth, and finally the sale of several start-ups in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and New York. Dan has teamed up with Weblife Financial since 2004 and brings value to the corporate sector of our practice as well as certain complex owner-managed situations.
- Community Involvement:
- Dan sits on several business and community Boards of Directors in Ottawa. Dan has coached high school basketball, and soccer and coached at the Goulbourn and Kanata basketball club. He also founded the boys division of the Ottawa Shooting Stars basketball club.
Copoloff Insurance Agencies has the finest expertise in all insurance categories. Their highly trained and enthusiastic professionals are supportive and are ready to help.
Their offices are strategically located in Montreal, Quebec, Richmond Hill Ontario, and Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario.